El Chile Verde is one of Ajijic’s most popular restaurants thanks to the talented, hard work of chef Silvia Saucedo and her team of family and friends.
Silvia has grown a large clientele since she opened her restaurant in 2010, which had three tables at its original nearby location. Even during the low season, her present space just off the Ajijic plaza is usually packed with both foreigners and Mexicans during the breakfast and lunch rush hours.
They close at 4:00 but be aware that some plates might be sold out before then.
There’s a different special every day of the week:
- Mondays: caldo de res (beef soup)
- Tuesdays: caldo de albóndigas (meatball soup)
- Wednesdays: mole pepian and chicken
- Thursday: espinazo (pork and chile soup)
- Fridays: carne en su jugo
- Saturdays: mole dulce and chicken. Pozole is also served on Saturdays.
Most of the plates come with a stack of thick tortillas fresh off of the grill, still hot and steamy enough to burn your hands.
Last updated July 25, 2019